Sunday, November 11, 2012

Families are a Blessing

Grant and I moved into our new house at the end of September. We were blessed to have Grant's dad, George and Uncle Bocky come help us move... aka move us. Grant was super busy with his new job and I can't move our HEAVY furniture. We wouldn't have been able to get it done without their help. I can't thank them enough. They stayed with us for two weeks, working around the house, making sure everything was set up. Our floors were laid and my breakfast nook was built. I LOVE it all!

When all the main manual labor was complete, they headed back to Florida. I'm sure they were happy to get home.

We still had a garage FULL of all our stuff... this was going to take forever. We worked a little each night after work, but were both exhausted after long days at work. The weekend before Grant's family was set to arrive, we hit the garage hard. OH my... that did a toll on me. Even though I was only working on small things, you wouldn't believe the amount of small things we own. Time to de-junk!! We made a nice, at least in our eyes. When the Harley's and Heruska's arrived, they asked if we had done anything at all. :( We really did, but they were right, it sure didn't look like it.

That whole weekend, we ALL worked on the garage and house. The girls were able to do a little shopping (of course). But even that was tiring, I was worn out. Here are a few pictures from that weekend... more to come.



 
Product of shopping at Hobby Lobby
Lynda and Lindsay did an amazing job!


Lynda found two old shutters from our house in Knoxville... and went to work
She loves Annie Sloan paint :)

 
Paris shutter with coat hooks... I love it


VERA!! My vera shutter :)

 
We made sure to attempt our annual family picture, since we wouldn't be together on Thanksgiving. Oh my... what a challenge! :)



Option 1: Girls in front, lets all stand...
 
 
Option 2: Lets put Douglas in the front and have George sit...
 
 
Option 3: Nope... Lynda on a chair in the front, yep this works
This was about the 10th one we took... Oh My! :)
 
Time for pictures of the expecting parents...
 
We're SO excited... can't wait to meet our little Logan!
 
 
You know us... at least one silly pose (Grant's face is my favorite)
 
Thank you again to our family for all of their help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment