Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Break

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Eating too much and spending time with family and the ones we are so thankful for. The Harley's had a busy Thanksgiving break. This was the first year Grant and I fixed a Thanksgiving meal just for us. We stayed home, cooked and relaxed. It was really nice. I missed having our families around, but it was awesome cooking for just us.

We didn't travel for Thanksgiving this year, because we needed to be in Georgia on Friday for my dear friends wedding, Mary-Katherine and I have been friends since we were 4 years old. It was an honor to be her MOH on her special day. It was wonderful catching up with old friends. When we arrived on Friday afternoon to start the festivities, Grant dropped me at a diner for the Bridesmaids Luncheon while he hit Ikea. He came back with a car full of boxes and didn't even get everything on our list. Oh my... we have another trip in our future.

Here are some pictures from our wonderful, but busy break.

 
Ham, Stuffing and Green Bean Casserole
We also had corn, asparagus, mashed potatoes and rolls

 
Grant working on the ham and rocking the Vera Bradley apron :)
 
 
Enjoying our Thanksgiving lunch, thumbs up
 
 
I was stuffed and ready to POP

 
Mary-Katherine was a beautiful bride... here are some pictures from the wedding.
 
 
The Bride and her Daddy walking down the aisle
 
 
 The wedding was at The Four Oaks Manor in Buford, GA. It was a beautiful location. The high on Saturday was 52 degrees, oh my it was cold outside but worth it to see my dear friend get married.

 
Us at the wedding ceremony
I have such a handsome husband :)
 
 
Acting our usual selves!
We can't take all serious pictures, where is the fun in that.
 
 
With Jamie Lawhon Compton, It was great to see her again. It has been way too long.
 
 
Friends since Elementary school.
Growing up with these two was never boring, we have TONS of amazing memories.
 
 
Mary-Katherine and Taylor Kimbal cutting their beautiful wedding cake
Red Velvet... yum yum
 
 
With Grant at the wedding reception
 
 
I love my Momma!!
 
 
Hannah and Carly... I have beautiful sisters
 
We made it home and put together our Ikea purchases... It was like Christmas in November. :)
 
Until next time, God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful wedding and lovely post! Sometimes it is great just to have a quiet holiday meal at home....Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete